Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Akai's MPC4000 Sampler/Workstation Open Source Project

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 01:30:31 EEST

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 02:02:07PM -0500, Renich Bon ??iri?? wrote:
> >>that sucks. that really does. because my linux systems have the same
> >>rock steady timing as the MPC. actually, their timing is even better
> >>than the MPC. somebody must have made a mistake around here.
> >
> >i assure you, linux performs on par with "other public-domain RTOSes"
> >in the real-time department, in the right hands .. like all good
> >instruments ..
> >
> Guys, one question that, I believe, has been answered before. Is the
> service manual enough to start the OS from scratch?
>
> # Service Manual
> http://www.woralelandia.com/openmpc/service_manual

No. You also need the CPU manual and the SCSI manuals, plus probably
some other manuals that I'm not bothering to list. On the up side,
those manuals are lilikely easy to find. But why start from scratch.
If you don't like linux, fine, but at least build on some existing OS.
Heck, even Akai is likely buying a third party RTOS to build their
system on top of.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd@email-addr-hidden