Re: [linux-audio-dev] recommend a card with the best SPDIF out

From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 19 2006 - 19:37:16 EEST

Rates are: 44100, 48000, 96000.

Lee, sorry, didn't understand 'function of the host OS and driver'
(probably, my English isn't perfect :-)). As I understand a problem,
for PCI case proper shielding, clean (on the card) power supply
subcircuits and good generator are useful. For USB case - all these
and syncing from *own* oscillator.

Of course, all these is costly, but without DAC/ADC, MIDI and such
it may be suitable.

Andrew

======= On Tuesday 19 September 2006 20:09, Lee Revell wrote: =======
On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 19:33 +0400, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> - of course, without resampling,

Which sample rates do you need to be able to play without software
resampling?

> - (most important) minimal jitter.

This should be a function of the host OS and driver, not the device
right?

Lee