Re: [linux-audio-dev] about MIDI timing...

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 23:58:18 EEST

Le Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:28:28 +0000 GMT,
"Chris Cannam" <chris.cannam@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :

> Me:
> > I'm not aware of anyone these days successfully
> > using Rosegarden with snd-rtctimer - if anyone out
> > there is, do say so.
>
> To test:
>
> * start RG (version 1.0 or newer)
> * go to Settings -> Configure Rosegarden -> Sequencer -> Synchronisation
> * change the sequencer timing source option to RTC
> * close configuration window, press play.
>
> It probably doesn't matter whether you have a file
> loaded or not.
>
> Success -> play pointer moves smoothly
> Failure -> system locks up solid, reboot required.
>
> If it does lock up, you may need to edit your
> rosegardenrc to restore the timer setting before
> you can run RG again.
>

> Chris

No problem with 2.6.16-rt29 and the realtime-lsm on gentoo 2006.1
I try both with the NVIDIA driver (1.9.9626) and with the nv driver (1.2.0,
xorg 7.1), same success.

I know from other peoples using the gentoo pro-audio overlay at it was a
stability problem with the 2.6.17-rt8, but it was no such report with the other
2.6.17-rt* or the 2.6.18-rt* kernels.

The 2.6.16-rt29 work just fine for me, and I am not stressed to upgrade it.

--
Dominique Michel