Re: [linux-audio-dev] alsa, oss , efficiency?

From: lemmel <lem0mel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 01 2006 - 23:17:19 EET

Le mercredi 01 novembre 2006 21:55, vous avez écrit :
> This might be a bug in ALSA. open a bug on the alsa bugtracker and see
> if it gets fixed.
> http://alsa-project.org/
>
> If you can include a simple test program so that developers can
> reproduce the problem, that would help.
I don't think it is a bug :-). It is too basic for a bug [1] :
I just made a wav file and played it with xmms and amarok (thus I can
reproduce the error by using the file). And when this players use ALSA, the
playing is bad (randomly troncated), and when the players use OSS all work
fine.
I think it is bad ALSA settings (I am just too noob to know why, perhaps
something in regard to sampling rate ?).

[1] a so plain simple bug could had been detected sooner