Re: [linux-audio-dev] Just a question/idea

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 13 2006 - 03:16:41 EET

On 11/12/06, Elthariel <ballet_j@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is just a simple question about linux audio. I'm looking for some
> software which doesn't appear to exists. But it should be quite few
> projects which have not release any code for the moment. So I'm asking
> the question :)
> Is there any windows manager that supports jack and lash, in order to
> make the ''Desktop'' become a modular studio ?
>
> Is it possible at least ?
> If it is, is there anyone here with the time and knowledges to start a
> project of this kind ?
>
> Regards,
> Elthariel.

I've been thinking about this myself. I might get on to coding
something in the future and i'll give you a yell if anything comes of
it. I'm thinking of something like the audio app being the WM as well,
so there can be tracks for midi/audio/osc etc and also tracks which
contain the actual window of the app. Zooming to any of these should
be possible. Either being it up in more full sized audio editor/midi
sequencer/bigger actual window. Could be a really neat way of doing
stuff and quite easy to work out, as it would just be wrapping
together a bunch of other apps. Lash etc making it all automagically
work ;)

Loki