Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin loaders

From: Anthony Green <green@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 23:31:12 EET

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 12:39 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Perhaps it would be possible to create packages for "i686" in addition
> of packages compiled for the "i386" architecture? I think I used to do
> that for my Planet CCRMA packages... but I don't think I ever saw a
> noticeable difference in performance.

I think one big win will be with compiling certain plugins to use SSE
floating point in order to eliminate denormal delays.

As for creating multiple packages... I don't yet know to what extent the
Fedora infrastructure (yum, rpm, etc) will handle this. Building them
all in one package seems like the simplest thing for now and we can hack
the ladspa spec file to generate /etc/profile.d/ladspa.sh based on the
contents of /proc/cpuinfo at install time. The plugin packages aren't
that big anyways.

AG