Re: [LAD] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 17:11:22 EEST

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 20:15 -0700, William Weston wrote:
> Announcing the latest release of the Phase Harmonic Advanced Synthesis
> EXperiment (first release featuring a GUI), available for download (source
> tarball and FC6 RPMs) at:
>
> http://sysex.net/phasex/

Very nice sounds. Since you asked for feedback, here is some:

* the whole program crashes for me when I pull down the File or Patch
  menus or try to close the window, with lots of Gtk error messages
  about invalid style objects. If I change line 241 in gtkknob.c from

widget->style = gtk_style_attach(widget->parent->style, widget->window);

widget->style = gtk_style_attach(widget->style, widget->window);

  it doesn't crash any more. Other behaviour seems to be identical.

* support for JACK MIDI or having the whole synth loadable as a LV2 or
  DSSI plugin would be very nice for using sample-synced MIDI

* support for LASH or having the whole synth loadable as a LV2 or DSSI
  plugin would be very nice for session saving - the way it is now you'd
  have to save and load the current patch separately from the rest of
  the session (sequencer state, other synths etc)

--ll