Re: [LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 05:37:08 EEST

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 02:53 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> The current iteration of the LV2 specification seems to have settled
> down, and there are a significant number of implementations now, so,
> assuming that there's no problems found with the current spec I
> propose to rename it as 1.0 in a few weeks time.
[snip]
> Implementations
>
> SLV2 - a library by Dave Robillard that makes it easy to add LV2
> support to existing hosts, includes example code and documentation.
> tarball: http://download.drobilla.net/ , docs: http://drobilla.net/
> doc/slv2/modules.html and sample code: http://drobilla.net/doc/slv2/
> lv2_simple_jack_host.c

I forgot to mention; I'd appreciate it if anyone (especially host
authors or anyone with C library experience and an eye for binary
compatibility) could give the SLV2 API a quick overview/critique (the
dox linked above or the headers in /slv2 in the tarball)

It has evolved mostly to suit Nedko and my own needs, but a few more
eyes would be beneficial. I'd like to get it nailed down solid, future
proof, released, and in distributions ASAP.

Also, anyone who knows about that whole "packaging" thing and has a bit
of free time on their hands.... :)

Thanks,

-DR-