Re: **[SPAM]** Re: [LAD] PHASEX-0.10.2

From: pete shorthose <zenadsl6252@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 05:54:15 EEST

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 16:21 -0700, William Weston wrote:
> I'll be looking into the patch loading issue next. From what I can
> tell, the first access of the File menu (either by hitting it
> directly or accessing an item through a keyboard acceleration)
> causes enough of a CPU hit to disrupt other threads. This is the
> only menu that currently uses the GTK stock items and keyboard
> accelerations. Any GTK hackers out there have any tricks for making
> sure a GtkAccelGroup has fully initialized itself?

do you have a specific reason to lay blame on the accel group?
more than say, the open dialog? also, does this problem occur
when switching tabs to the oscillators page? the widgets are
realised on demand and there are a tonne of them on that page.
i would have expected much more of an impact from that.

pete.