[LAD] Updates and new stuff

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 04 2007 - 15:57:34 EEST

Hello all,

Some updates and new things on my webpages.

First official release of jconv.

  Jconv is a command line jack client performing FFT-based
  convolution using a mix of up to five partition sizes,
  small ones at the start of the IR, and building up to
  the optimum size further on. It allows zero-delay
  convolution with moderate CPU load. Jconv uses the
  multi-threaded convolution engine developed for use
  in Aella, a convolution engine optimised for reverb
  processing that is nearing completion.

  Main features of jconv:

  - Any convolution matrix up 64 by 64, as long as your
    CPU(s) can take it.
  - Allows to trade off processing delay to CPU load, and
    remains efficient even when configured for zero delay.
  - Reads the same config files as Jace which it will
    eventually replace.

  The beta version released two months ago to some
  volunteers contained a bug discovered and patched
  by Martin Rumori. It did not affect configurations
  using independent 1-to-1 convolutions, only matrix
  operations.

Update of Ambdec

  Some small changes and bugfixes. The configuration
  format now also permits the use of mixed-order de-
  coders (2nd order horizontal, 1st order vertical).
  Manual updated.

TetraProc / TetraCal.

  Both are ready and have been used for real Ambisonic
  recordings, but release of TetraCal awaits a required
  update of Aliki, and completion of the manual that
  describes the calibration procedure.

  If you want to use Core Sound's TetraMic with
  TetraProc this is possible today. I signed an NDA
  with Core Sound giving me access to the impulse
  response measurements performed by Core Sound on
  each mic. Given the serial number, I can process
  these using TetraCal and provide a matching config
  file for TetraProc.

  You can see some examples of this on the updated
  screenshots page for TetraProc.

As usual: <www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio>

Ciao,

--