Re: [LAD] VST plugin

From: Mr.SpOOn <mr.spoon21@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 07 2007 - 17:16:49 EEST

> If it is specifically for Linux, LV2 might be (is) a better choice.
> Any specific reasons you want to develop a VST ?

Not really. I have to program something oriented to audio for the
university. I can use any operative system and my first idea was to
learn to create a vst-plugin. I know that there is the sdk in the
Steinberg site, but then I thought I could try to create it in Linux
(because I'd prefer so), so I asked here.

The truth is that I haven't any idea of what to or I can do, so I am
asking around.
One of my ideas was something to create something who can:
1) record sounds in real time
2) automatically store this files so I easily use them just by drag and drop
3) put these files in a sequencer or loop them

Something like this. I don't really know how much difficult may be, or
what is it better for me to use.

Thanks,
Carlo.