Re: [LAD] VST plugin

From: Mr.SpOOn <mr.spoon21@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 08 2007 - 21:52:22 EEST

On 7/8/07, Luis Garrido <luisgarrido@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Out of what you say, it would seem that you are looking for the "how"
> before deciding the "what." Not sure if that is the best way around
> it.

Yes, you're right.

> Decide first what you want to achieve and then we can hint on the best
> tools Linux can provide to solve your problem.

I was thinking to something to manage sounds in realtime.

An example may clarify things:
with this software (or plugin or whatever it will be) I record a short
drum sequence. When I finish recording I have on the screen an object,
a rectangle. Through a menu linked to this object I can choose some

I think it would be helpful a timeline where I can drag objects and it
would be nice to link an object to another to create a sort of
sequences or new, more comples, objects.

So, with the option I said before I can loop the drum four times
before play the next object in the chain and, in case, let the drum
continue to go or stop it.

It may seem similar to puredata (or max/msp) for the appearance, but I
think the purpose is different.

Suggestions? Critics? Insults? :\

Bye,
Carlo.