Re: [LAD] [ANN] New AlsaPlayer releases

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 00:33:24 EEST

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2007 19:30 Dominique Michel:
> > Great. Thank you, I'm using alsaplayer for years and I like its non-bloat
> > approach a lot. Wish it could play more formats though, for example "rbs"
> > (MPEG ADTS, layer III, v2, 32 kBits, 22.05 kHz, Monaural).
>
> I can add it on the TODO list. It will be great if folks can contribute
> more input plugins. It is currently some work in progress in the svn
> (trunk_/experimental): ape, wavpack, tta and ffmpeg. This last one is at a
> very early stage.

Ok: I'm folk, I'm great, but I can't contribute more input plugins. Me happy
camper on the user side.

I wonder: If you took the audio decoder section of a fully-fledged
mplayer ... ? It plays a _lot_ of audio formats.

> > It might feel more natural if playback with negative speed (backwards)
> > jumped backwards on file boundaries, not forward.
>
> I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain more please?

After playing no.2 backwards (with negative speed) alsaplayer jumps to (the
end of) no.3. I'd rather have it jump to (the end of) no.1

Bye, Wolfgang

ps: my irony-alarm went off and made me say a hundred times: I'm not great,
ok?