Re: [LAD] Windows deprecated as development platform ;-)

From: David García Garzón <dgarcia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 12:27:18 EEST

On Friday 13 July 2007 11:23:03 Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Friday 13 July 2007 09:38, David García Garzón wrote:
> > This could be interesting for most of you who develop multiplatform audio
> > applications as we, at CLAM, do. We got crosscompiled binaries from Linux
> > to Windows using mingw for linux, [...]
>
> Hey, good stuff! I've been dumbly cursing having to boot up a Windows box
> to do my Windows builds, having never quite had enough persistence to see
> whether I can get it all working from Linux. I should give it another try.
>
> Though I suppose I'd still need Windows to test the builds properly.

Yes. The fast testing can be done in Wine and for testing them properly...
Well, we are using a virtualized windows ;-)

Any way, the big saving is not having to deploy a build system in windows. A
plain windows box you can stole someone is enough. And also being able to
develop for windows in Linux is great. Proper vim version, nice consoles :-)

> Now, how to make OS/X universal binaries without having to use OS/X...?

Oh, yes, please, anyone knows how to?

:-)

David Garcia.