[LAD] again [ot] programming c++ problem (functions adresses)

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 21:52:49 EEST

Hi!
  Sorry to bother again. But I have the following problem I can't solve.
  I need to wrap some readline-code in my c++-class. Readline has some
function-pointers you can set to a function you wrote yourself. So I did. The
sinature of my function ALMOST matches that expected by readline, but it
complains about the class part of my signature:
my function:
char** (Midish_rl::*)(const char*, int, int);
Readline expects:
char8* (*)(const char*, int, int);
  I tired writing a wrapper function, but for that I need some object, I just
tried:
char** wrapper(const char *text, int start, int end)
{
  return my_ui.real_function(text,start,end);
}

  The code is divided between a few files, so I couldn't just a a global
object 'my_ui', which was known at all times.
  Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?
  Note: I don't want to use any external class-libraries, which might perform
the task, because of dependencies. Anyway, there are no standard lib, that do
that, not that I'm aware of at least.
  Kindest regards
        Julien

--------