Re: [LAD] intergrating osc

From: Steve Harris <steve@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 17:43:34 EEST

On 26 Jul 2007, at 15:24, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Florent Berthaut wrote:
>> Patrick Shirkey a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Any pointers on where to start for integrating osc compatibility
>>> into
>>> jackEQ?
>>>

>>> Cheers.
>>>
>> http://www.audiomulch.com/~rossb/code/oscpack/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Can someone explain to me the best approach for passing the fader
> state between gtk2 and osc please?

Yes, you can attach a callback to the GtkAdjustment that gets called
when the user moves the slider, to end out OSC messages (if you want
to do that).

If you use liblo (counterplug http://liblo.sourceforge.net/) then you
can attach callbacks to OSC paths and use the callback to set a new
value on the appropriate Adjustment. I think someone even made a
helper library over liblo and GTK that lets you directly bind OSC
paths to GTK Adjustments.

Linux-audio-dev mailing list
Linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden