Re: [LAD] intergrating osc

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 08:31:32 EEST

Loki Davison wrote:

> Yay for plugs... ;) We have recently added a widget to phat for just
> this case. PhatRange. You can hook it up to monitor a variable or
> update it with osc. Plus the new fan sliders are damn sexy x composite
> things ;P.

That library looks very useful. However I don't have gtkdocs setup
correctly for it so can't compile. I'll look into it more when I have
the energy.

After some more thought having gtk sliders bind to osc is only a small
part of the functionality I have to build.

My aim is to have a deamon running on one machine that can be controlled
from any machine on the network. Either with a hardware controller or a
seperate gui which can peer with the daemon. The hardware controller
wouldn't need to be attached directly to the machine running the daemon
but in most cases it will.

I'm interested in ideas for the best approach to achieve this.

- For example allowing a gui to be turned on and off and binding to the
daemon automatically.

- Would I make OSC the backend controller for the daemon and have the
gui send osc controls?

etc...

Cheers.

--