Re: [LAD] swh plugins problem/addition

From: Steven Chamberlain <steven@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 18:42:52 EEST

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> - in the "single band parametric" the slider to change the frequency was
> linear, I changed this to logarithmic (file attached)

Thanks for that, it is now much easier to use the plugin in Ardour,
which clamps the minimum frequency setting to about 3Hz (which I think
is also a good thing; dragging the slider accidentally down to zero
before had some nasty effects).

Unfortunately jack-rack doesn't clamp the minimum frequency, so it goes
right down to zero, and 0-20Hz takes up three-quarters of the slider's
adjustable range (which is rather tedious).

According to the XML file the minimum frequency is set as 0.0 * sample
rate. Why does Ardour clamp at about 3Hz, is this an added 'feature' of
Ardour? (it is certainly useful to me)

Regards,

--
Steven Chamberlain