Re: [LAD] swh plugins problem/addition

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 21:33:22 EEST

[Steve Harris]

> My preferred solution would be if host authors fixed their sample-rate-hint
> implementations, but it's not perfect even when it does work.
>
> In general I want to be able to say something like minimum 10Hz, maximum 0.45 x
> samplerate.

True, that would be nice. In the meantime, for most purposes I find a
range like 10 Hz to 20 kHz to be generously sufficient. That's easily
achievable with a simple 'log'-hinted control. Nyquist-dependent
clamping is usually not a real problem since sample rates are almost
universally in excess of 44 kHz.

Tim