Re: [LAD] Reverbs (Re: Pluginization example?)

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2007 - 18:51:28 EEST

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 05:19:45PM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> No, I don't think so. TAP Reverberator looks like old comb/allpass
> reverberator. The reverbs I'm refering to were responsible for
> the familiar drum reverbs 20 years ago.

If you mean reverbs that don't have a normal exponential
decay profile (inverted, gated, ...), these were made by
combining a normal reverb with dynamics processing
triggered by the 'dry' sound.

The modern way to do this is by convolution - generate a
burst of noise and give it any shape you want.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !