Re: [LAD] "enhanced event port" LV2 extension proposal

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 14:02:45 EET

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 10:42 +0000, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:
> In other words - just remove the pointer from the generic header, or
> replace it with buf[], a zero-length in-place array, as opposed to 4- or
> 8-byte pointer - and nobody's hurt ;)

If you have a flexible array member in a struct that struct is an
incomplete type and you can not put it in an array, according to the C99
standard. Not to mention that flexible array members aren't even allowed
in C++. Yes, GCC allows it anyway unless you compile with -std=c99 (or
c++98) -pedantic-errors, but it still wouldn't be very nice to use
non-standard hacks in a specification. But with the current event header
proposal we don't have a pointer _or_ a flexible array member in it, so
this discussion is sort of pointless.

--ll