Re: [LAD] "enhanced event port" LV2 extension proposal

From: Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 14:55:25 EET

Lars Luthman wrote:

> non-standard hacks in a specification. But with the current event header
> proposal we don't have a pointer _or_ a flexible array member in it, so
> this discussion is sort of pointless.

So, basically, we have a choice between:

struct LV2_EVENT_HEADER_LLKF
{
  uint32_t timestamp; // 16:16
  uint16_t payload_size;
  uint16_t event_type;
};

struct LV2_EVENT_TYPE_X
{
  LV2_EVENT_HEADER_LLKF hdr;
  // type X-specific data here (be it a pointer, or in-place data, or
whatever)
  // size must be an integer multiple of 8 bytes
};

and different variants of:

struct LV2_EVENT_HEADER_DR
{
  float_or_double timestamp;
  some_int_type2 payload_size;
  some_int_type event_type;
  // pointer to data or inline data array here
};

which - I believe - Dave seems to favour.

Krzysztof