Re: [LAD] alsa and OSS (again?)

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 20 2008 - 15:25:11 EET

Jay Vaughan wrote:

> pulseaudio + midishare == nirvana.
Hi Jay,

Hmm. That equation don't hunt here. The MidiShare codebase is in dire
need of attention for 32-bit Linux and won't currently compile at all
for 64-bits. Ask me, I've been wrestling with its outdated source tree
for the past week or so. Yann is planning to fix it, but he's got other
work going on.

Btw, many thanks to Albert Graef for the patches in the MidiShare
package at the Q site, they finally made it possible to compile
MidiShare on my OpenSUSE (JAD) box. I wouldn't have known about them at
all if it weren't for a recommendation from Karim Haddad.

Best,

dp