Re: [LAD] alsa and OSS (again?)

From: Jay Vaughan <jayv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 11:02:48 EET

> If you wish to see one day every Linux desktop PC with realtime audio
> working right just to play an simple audio file... You'll have to wait
> quite a long time :-p

Linux-based pocket platforms, and the entire embedded world
(particularly for audio-specific tasks), on the other hand, is a
different story. I could care less about Desktop linux audio, since
POCKET linux audio just plain rocks, and what better place to be
doing music-related tasks than in the pocket, on the bus, in a
different studio every day, etc. The Desktop is over; if you can't
carry it with you, get rid of it. :)

(Yes, I'm being troll'ish. But after 10 years of working in Linux,
and pro-Audio, I can truly say that the only solution to the dilemna
that I've seen actually be viable, is to wrap hardware around the
issue...)

;

--
Jay Vaughan