Re: [LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 15:25:22 EET

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 04:02:29PM +0100, Esben Stien wrote:

> "Benno Senoner" <benno.senoner@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > after all we share all the same goal of better and free tools to
> > make music
>
> I'm confused, because this is not true. Your software, LinuxSampler,
> is not free software. You've also refused to participate in all the
> threads we've got on this list about your license, which is the source
> of so much frustration.
>
> As far as I can see, we don't share any goals?.

Isn't this a bit extreme ? I don't want to start a new war
on the definition of the word 'free' in this context, but
I just note there is _nothing_ in the LS license that stops
me from using it without paying a cent, or even to modify it
and make the modified version avaiable to whoever wants it.
I use it almost every day, and enjoy doing so.

No frustration at all.

--
FA
Parma, Italia