Re: [LAD] [OT] LinuxSampler and GPL - some clarifications

From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 01:18:09 EET

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 00:14 +0100, Marek wrote:

> > > My product is a router which uses your software in an unmodified form.
> > > It pulls firmware directly from net. I don't offer anything for
> > > download. Note, this would *not* be a distribution of your software,
> > > this would be selling of my router.
> > >
> > > How do you solve this issue?
> >
> > What issue? You're using GPLed software in a manner permitted by the
> > licence. Where's the issue?
>
> Go ahead. Elaborate.

Wait, what? Elaborate what? You're the one that came up with a
non-issue, and now you want me to explain why it is an issue?

I already said - under the circumstances you describe, you're using GPL
sofware in a perfectly legitimate way. What is the issue to be solved?

Do you think that somehow I might want to solve the "issue" of someone
using GPLed software in a commercial product?

I honestly don't know what you're asking here. I'm not even sure you
know what you're asking.

Gordon