[LAD] BCEdit 2000 for jre1.6

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 01:58:01 EET

Hi!

I got meself a new java runtime (1.6) which has support for ALSA midi,
so I thought that I would give Behringers BCEdit another go. This time
around it actually finds the BCR2000, but ... unfortunately it couldn't
save any edits back to the device. So I disassembled the application :-D

The main reason for disaster appears to be in
bcedit/ThreadSendScript.java where too much verbose error checking for
timeout causes the very timeout it is checking for and then also - for
no apparent good reason at all - closes the midi device underneath the
application, leading straight into a burn and crash.

I have an updated bcedit.jar here, so if anybody is interrested in
trying it out or placing it somewhere on the web, just give me a call.

Decompiled sources are available on request as well (beware though, not
everything builds just yet.)

License: Free as in Behringer ;)

--
mvh // Jens M Andreasen