Re: [LAD] [EPAMP] an effect plugin API for media players: anyone interested?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 11:12:30 EEST

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 07:22:02PM +0200, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:

> http://naspro.atheme.org/content/epamp-draft-1

I've been (and still am) quite critical of LV2. But reading
this draft I'm inclined to forgive the LV2 developers all
their sins and offer them an unlimited supply of Amarone,
which is one of Italy's best and most expensive red wines.

> lack of interest to accomodate the particular needs of
> this niche by most standardized sound processing API
> authors;

Maybe you could start by stating what those particular
needs are.

I could write out a long list of what is wrong with and
missing from this spec, but I'm currently not inclined
to do so. But one absolute killer is:

> Number of interleaved input (and hence output) channels.

What on earth makes you think that the number of inputs
and outputs should be the same ?

Ciao,

--
FA