Re: [LAD] Let's kill EPAMP???

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 19:55:09 EEST

Am Montag, 2. Juni 2008 schrieb Stefano D'Angelo:
> #4. Support for time stretching when using non real-time audio sources.

Time-stretching is an effect and therefor a plugin! Otherwise you will get
_very_ bad audio because every plugin-author will implement its own
time-stretching with very varying results.

You probably mean that the system should support that the number of
input-samples is different than the number of output-samples (per plugin and
process()-run). This requires that the plugins themself need to tell the host
how many samples of output result from how many samples of input.
Which would actually be a good thing for an api.

And why is time-stretching limited to non-realtime audio?

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---