Re: [LAD] Let's kill EPAMP???

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 03 2008 - 09:33:43 EEST

Am Montag, 2. Juni 2008 schrieb Stefano D'Angelo:
> 2008/6/2 Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>:
> > Am Montag, 2. Juni 2008 schrieb Wolfgang Woehl:
> >> Arnold Krille:
> >>
> >> Aaannnddd wwwhhhyyy iiisss tttiiimmmeee---ssstttrrrettch <meep>
> >> sorry, time's up.
> >
> > Well, try syncing two devices that don't share a world-clock and you
> > will "fix" that problem with real-time-time-stretching. So yes, there is
> > a rather practical use (but I actually don't advise to syncing two
> > devices without a common-clock) for real-time audio stretching (its also
> > called a dither-buffer but why use these algorithms when there is
> > rubberband and co?).
> I guess you mean resampling, otherwise I don't think it's phisically
> possible to go ahead or behind in time.

Whats the difference in this respect? Both change the number of samples, do
they?

> I'm not interest in resampling plugins, but maybe someone else is?

Not me, but when you start designing a plugin-interface with that attitude,
you will loose. You _are_ interested in all possible plugins because you want
your interface to rule the world and be used by all plugin-devs. (Regardless
whether we are talking EPAMP, LV2, LADSPA, VST or gstreamer-plugins.)

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---