Re: [LAD] Let's kill EPAMP???

From: Steve Harris <steve@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 12:07:19 EEST

On 3 Jun 2008, at 18:54, Paul Davis wrote:

>>> Sorry, I'm not understanding here. How would you do exactly?
>>
>> You don't have to make plugin A directly feed plugin B, you can have
>> the host do some buffer twiddling inbetween.
>
> this is still pretty hard steve.

Well, yes, and no. Actually doing something is easy, doing the Right
Thing™ is basically impossible. With LV2-style annotations, it might
be possible to tie up L to L and R to R and so on, but beyond that
it's essentially guesswork.

However, for a media player the host could just ignore all plugins
that have anything other than a LR pair of ins and a LR pair of outs,
or a 5.1 set or whatever.

You don't have to solve all the hard problem to make use a plugin
format.

- Steve