Re: [LAD] Packaging advice

From: Pete Black <pete@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 08 2008 - 01:23:57 EEST

Great feedback from the list guys, am more excited about it now than
i was when i got it mostly functional!

I will definitely add keyboard shortcuts - There's a QT4 port in the
works, not sure how configurable QT3's shortcuts are. I think i'll
put in some hardcoded ones initially. If user-configurable actions
are easy to implement in QT3 then i might just do that.

The actual electribe hardware has a 'virtual keyboard' mode where the
16 step keys can be used as a 1-and-a-bit octave keyboard, but i
think i may just implement midi recording + midi thru to allow a real
keyboard to be used, or the virtual keyboard of your choice - i
really want to make this sequencer simple and modular, rather than an
all-things-to-all-people sequencer.

I'm also going to fix the JACK API calls that are breaking on older
versions of JACK (requires an nframes_t arg on some calls when newer
versions of the API don't)

I've had reported slowness problems with gentoo - I'll add a debug
enable flag to the app can be launched with this to generate a report
I can use to try and identify the problem.

Thanks for your interest and thoughts,

-Pete