Re: [LAD] starting out with tux audio

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 17 2008 - 19:10:49 EEST

Hallo,
AlgoMantra hat gesagt: // AlgoMantra wrote:

> Frank: I don't like the PD patchwork interface much,

I didn't mean to recommend Pd as a general language (this time), but
as a kind of library that takes away many tedious tasks like GUI
writing or audio interfacing and lets you concentrate on the dsp side
in your C code, while still being able to quickly run it. Of course
you could also use LADSPA for this.

> but while studying PD and Puckette's bible I found your footils most
> helpful. Why I don't like the PD interface, um.....have you played
> with VVVV? If you're into visual synthesis, try it, and you'll see
> why its much more intuitive. http://vvvv.org/ -- for windows only :(

Yep, and not open source. As I don't run Windows anymore, I cannot try
it. Personally I like the Pd interface, but I'm also very used to it.

Ciao