Re: [LAD] Wireless Electricity vs audio quality

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 13:10:40 EEST

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 19:47 +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > I still have a feeling it will subtly influence the audio quality of a
> > room.
>
> Science is not about feelings.

Ahh but music is...

> > I have doubt about the effect it will have on electrical equipment due
> > to static RF as we are not dealing with rf signals in this case.
>
> I guarantee that if you stick poorly sheilded audio equipment next to
> high (or even moderate) power RF equipment you will get RF interference
> in the audio.
>
> It seems that you have rejected science tradition (doubting the effects
> of RF on audio equipment) yet "feel" that electromagnetic energy transfer
> will subtly influence an acoustic environment.

I don't doubt the affect of RF. I deal with it a lot in my job.

I doubt that the wireless electricity will affect audio equipment as the
resonant frequency of the transfer points is not the same as the
frequency of the metals that are used to build standard electrical
equipment hence according to the scientists that have developed the
technology there is no crossover or leakage. That is also why it is
claimed to be safe for humans.

Of course now we are finding credible evidence that cellphones disturb
the normal functioning of the brain resulting in disturbed sleep
patterns among other things so maybe there is some credibility to
concerns that wireless electricity will affect humans negatively.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd