Re: [LAD] joining the fun...

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 14:10:58 EEST

Pete Black wrote:
> I live in Wellington, New Zealand, and i'd like to reassure others on
> this list that not all those who inhabit this place behave like this.

Nah, most people in Wellington are complete wankers.

> Patrick, if you'd please just concentrate on subjects that had some
> relevance to Linux audio development,
Sorry Pete, are you suggesting that Linux Audio Development is a very
specific niche that has no relevance to general daily goings on and my
chosen topics are irrelevant. Maybe if there was more discussion on this
list my topics wouldn't be taking such a center stage.

> If you want to stimulate interesting discussion to liven up the list,
> then surely you can think of a way to do it thats actually on-topic.

How long have you been reading this list?

There was a time when it was 200 messages a day on various topics under
the sun. Most of them relevant and some of them highly irrelevant.

There have been plenty of things said by various people that could be
deemed offensive. I have participated myself. There are also plenty of
things that have been said by people that have turned out to be complete
BS. For example. VST plugins will never work on Linux. That was a good
one. Several highly respected members were adamant it would never
happen. Then it only took one person to figure out how and now look at
the state of VST in Linux. Pretty good now from what I've seen.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.