Re: [LAD] Specification issues in open systems

From: Darren Landrum <darren.landrum@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 02:03:33 EEST

Darren Landrum wrote:
> I'd still like to think that there is still an innovative solution to
> this problem, and that we are the ones destined to find it. Time for
> some brainstorming, perhaps?

Sorry for replying to my own message.

If something like this is to be solved, it should be tied to the host, I
think. In other words, the state of my previous session has to restore
itself upon re-loading the session file in Ardour|Qtractor|Rosegarden
(take your pick). That means the host has to have the ability to run the
other programs and set up the JACK graph connections. Is this even
remotely possible?

-- Darren Landrum