Re: [LAD] Specification issues in open systems

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 08:12:00 EEST

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 19:03 -0400, Darren Landrum wrote:
> Darren Landrum wrote:
> > I'd still like to think that there is still an innovative solution to
> > this problem, and that we are the ones destined to find it. Time for
> > some brainstorming, perhaps?
>
> Sorry for replying to my own message.
>
> If something like this is to be solved, it should be tied to the host, I
> think. In other words, the state of my previous session has to restore
> itself upon re-loading the session file in Ardour|Qtractor|Rosegarden
> (take your pick). That means the host has to have the ability to run the
> other programs and set up the JACK graph connections. Is this even
> remotely possible?

LASH is intended to do all this (and maybe more too). Its just that its
development process has, for all kinds of reasons, not been accompanied
by the same general "gee, lets all jump on this" that accompanied LADSPA
and JACK. When its "done" and "widely adopted", this will work the way
you want it to.

--p