Re: [LAD] JACK transport timebase and its callback

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 15:24:55 EEST

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 14:23 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Thanks you Paul!
> One question: I can use MTC as a source for timebase. But the application
> (client(s)) on the other end don't need to know about this. They can be you
> average audio application?

if the MTC comes from a sample-clock-synced source (i.e. its sample
clock runs precisely in sync with the sample clock being used by JACK
(i.e. your audio interface)), then certainly.

but if the MTC is able to varispeed, then no. ardour specifically
prohibits varispeeding when synced to JACK for this very reason.