[LAD] JACK transport timebase and its callback

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 14:33:57 EEST

Hello!
   I just read through the JACK transport section in the JACK reference again.
If you want to be timebase-master you can (or must) supply a callback function
to update the time-info.
   Does my program need audio thread (a process function?) Which timing source
is used to update the time? Does my program provide it or does JACK provide it
and my program only really kicks in when I want to relocate (jump to another
position)?
   I am correct in assuming, that my code doesn't have to be multithreaded (at
least not look multithreaded) if I want to use the JACK transport interface
(control and timebase)?
   Kindest regards
            Julien

--------