Re: [LAD] [libsndfile-users] help with libsndfile/etc

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 24 2008 - 16:14:26 EEST

On Friday 24 October 2008 07:34:53 am AlgoMantra wrote:
> I've used dev/dsp to spit sound but people say its deprecated.

Don't be afraid of OSS. While it's not perfect for every application (*no*
audio API is), it is still very effective for some. It has the great benefit
of simplicity -- open a device, set a couple of ioctls, write data, and
you're done. For simple cases, the whole business can be done in a about a
dozen lines. See:

        http://manuals.opensound.com/developer/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to |
| choose from. |
| -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum |