Re: [LAD] MIDI monitor

From: Miguel Morales <therevoltingx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 00:52:00 EET

Hi Pedro,
I've had to examine MIDI bytes myself. I do not know of an application
that dumps the raw MIDI bytes. Never looked for one so I'm not sure if
it exists.

The way I did it was by using RTMidi.
http://www.music.mcgill.ca/~gary/rtmidi/

It's fairly easy to do this. Check out the section for MIDI Input with
User Callback.

Should be easy to enough to follow and compile.
Note that you would have to change this line:
midiin->ignoreTypes( false, false, false );
midiin->ignoreTypes( true, true, true );

Read the docs for the correct flags if you ONLY want timing info.

BTW, here's my LAU post for the small midi remapper I wrote:
http://www.nabble.com/ART-X-11-Midi-MasterControl-tt18042726.html

You might find it useful. If you need further help I'd be glad to be of
assistance. However, I should get back to work. ;-)

Miguel