Re: [LAD] ALSA Headaches, …. erm, Headphones

From: Dennis Schulmeister <linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 14:08:56 EET

Hi Richard,

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 09:22 +0100, Richard Spindler wrote:
> What I would expect is that as soon as I drive the plug into the
> headphone jack, that the built in speakers remain silent, while the
> audio is routed into my headphones. However, this does not happen.

Are you sure this is no bug in the ALSA driver? Because, yes it's ought
to act the way you describe. At least it does so on my laptop. :) Plus,
did you check the headphone connector? Just the other day I experienced
the same problem and it simply turned out to be a wacky connection
because I didn't put the plug in far enough.

With kind regards,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Volle Kontaktdaten auf WikiBerd: (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)