Re: [LAD] IM like GUI for netjack

From: Eric Shattow <lucent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 08:01:29 EET

If I may suggest, why go to all of this trouble?

Just make a client that registers with a webpage, ala ninjam. (For those of
you not hip to ninjam, it is a collaborative jam-session program and each
instance can "phone home" to show the user's presence on a webpage).

In the case of local networks, advertise with avahi / mdns and be done. No
need to attach to an IM service or XMPP.