Re: [LAD] IM like GUI for netjack

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 09:39:02 EET

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 11:01:29PM -0700, Eric Shattow wrote:
> If I may suggest, why go to all of this trouble?
>
> Just make a client that registers with a webpage, ala ninjam. (For those of
> you not hip to ninjam, it is a collaborative jam-session program and each
> instance can "phone home" to show the user's presence on a webpage).

i only know the linux ninjam client.
added jack support to it :)

well... i find it MUCH more work to create a website and stuff,
then just using xmpppy.
With the website i would also expose users IP to ANYONE.
i am not very comfortable with this.

i would like to ask the user before handing out his IP to someone.

> In the case of local networks, advertise with avahi / mdns and be done. No
> need to attach to an IM service or XMPP.

avahi is planned.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language