Re: [LAD] [ANN] DRC 3.0.1

From: Denis Sbragion <d.sbragion@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 13:32:42 EET

Hello Julien,

On Fri, December 5, 2008 12:16, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Thanks Denis! I'd mostly want to use DRC for recording correction. I consider
> the mic to be in the same place always and me roughly being in the same place.
> For good listening I suppose I still have the best solution with my
> headphones.
> So do I still need one of the mentioned microphones or would mine suffice?

sorry, but I fear I'm missing the point. What do you mean by "recording
correction"? DRC main goals is to correct the room/speaker response. It may be
used even for other kind of (linear) correction, but that is what it has been
designed for. This is the reason why you need an accurate mic, expecially WRT
the magnitude response. If the measured room/spekaer response isn't accurately
measured you're going to find the same kind of inaccuracies in the correction
too.

Bye,

--
	Denis Sbragion