Re: [LAD] JACK for openSUSE 11.0 x86_64

From: <oc2pus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 22:17:49 EET

Am Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008 schrieb torbenh@email-addr-hidden:

> nedko also updated:
> http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/SuggestedPackagingApproach
>
> to make the fact more clear, that there MUST NOT be two versions,
> of libjack.so on the system.
>
> perhaps you can communicate this fact upstream to suse.
> i dont know how these things works, and who builds the
> "official" opesuse packages. or if they just copy a working package,
> from the alternative repos.
openSuSE has a bugzilla and you need to register etc etc etc (IMHO makes error
reporting very very hard, but this is only my opinion)
https://bugzilla.novell.com/index.cgi

From my experiences and as openSuSE 11.1 is ready for roll-out, I think its to
late for this SuSE version to change the jack-package layout and the "error"
will be in state "next-release" or "won't be fixed".

So this should be done for the next SuSE release. And one of the authors of
jack should trigger this.

You can get the email adress of a packager with
rpm -qi jack | grep Packager
But in 99,9% o all SuSE packages this results in
Packager : http://bugs.opensuse.org <== bugzilla

have fun
oc2pus