[LAD] Sorry, just an information about the status quo of jack for Suse 11 from Packman

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 21:45:41 EET

Hi :)

I'm double-sorry if a mail some minutes before came through the list,
but while I take a look at my account on the homepage of my provider,
there seems to be something wrong. I take a breather and will read any
mails within the next days, but not today, I also can't reply to the old
thread from were I'm writing now.

I just want to inform, that I repaired Suse 11.0 for JACK, but that
there still is a problem for other people.

If someone will do a YaST2 update for all packages, if a newer version
is available, than only libjack will be upgraded, but not jack and then
their JACKs will be broken, so if people do an update and they have 1.
JACK installed and 2. the Packman repository enabled, at the moment they
need to take care about libjack, they need to manually keep libjack, or
they should disable the Packman repository. Status quo of this was at
around 19:50, then there was no 0.116 jack or jack2 available, but a
libjack 0.116.

Cheers,
Ralf