[LAD] Developers section @ linuxmusicians.com

From: Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 14:05:52 EET

Hi,

A couples months ago we started a forum at linuxmusicians.com . Our aim
is to bring Linux musicians together and help each other to make music
on the Linux platform. We want to promote FLOSS software for making
music. We also want to make making music on Linux more accessible for
newbies and less computer minded people. We think a forum is a good
platform for this.

For making music on Linux, we need of course good software. To
inspire and help people to become a Linux audio developer, we launched a
special part for developers on our forum, which you can find here:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewforum.php?f=44

As mentioned before, this should be a good and accessible place for
newbie programmers. But we also like to invite more experienced
developers to share their stuff, knowledge and help some newbies with
their first steps. Would be cool if some of you guys will visit the
forum sometimes a month (for example) and give some feedback to newbie
programmers or projects. If someone like to write an article about how
to become a Linux audio programmer and how to start, you're very welcome!

We are aware of the fact that there is also a linux-audio-dev
mailinglist and IRC channel. We also think the Linux audio development
community should operate as centralized as possible. So people can learn
from each other and make a good interaction between different apps and
projects as good as possible. That's why we wrote a short introduction
in which we make new developers aware of the existence of these places.

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=780

We hope we can inspire young and talented people to become a Linux audio
developer. We hope that you guys will support this initiative and are
willing to help new developers find their ways in the world of Linux
audio development.

Kind regards,

\r