[LAD] open source audio transcribing software?

From: Ted Walther <ted@email-addr-hidden-core.org>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 23:35:47 EET

I tried to install Express Scribe, but it wouldn't install under Ubuntu.

It has the features I'd need.

The features I need in such a program is a way to "remotely" signal to
it to pause, rewind five seconds then unpause. A desired feature would
be some way to speed up and slow down the audio stream without altering
the pitch.

Do I need to program a transcription program for the Open Source world,
or is there one already?

I worked in the past on FreeBSD audio drivers, and have done some simple
audio applications under Linux, such as a text to morse-code generator.

I have a lot of transcribing to do, so writing such a program may be
worthwhile if it isn't already done yet.

Ted

--
	   There's a party in your skull.  And you're invited!
Name:    Ted Walther