Re: [LAD] wfs streaming project report

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2009 - 14:17:56 EET

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 01:00:06PM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> ... therefore, we can safely rule out eye damage to
> birds as well, unless they are very skilled flyers, very bored and very
> very stupid.

Or just amusing themselves. The European parliamemt
building in Brussels has a large surface of shiny
glass roofs, and the local birds are amusing them-
selves by picking up e.g. small pieces of stone and
then dropping them from high altitiude on the roof.
They seem to enjoy either the sound it makes, or the
line patterns in the broken glass...

Earlier today in Rome there was a performance of
Stockhausen's Helicopter Quartet (the third ever
worldwide) in which the four members of a string
quartet perform in as many helicopter hovering
above the concert hall, with the resulting music
being reproduced for the audience inside.

I've not seen any engineering reports on it so far,
but it must have been a nice challenge as well.

Ciao,

--
FA
Parma, Italia